Sunday, July 17, 2011

Slipping into Darkness

I know that I share a lot of details about myself. Sometimes the details seem pointless. Sometimes I say things that people cannot follow and so they dismiss these things as purely bollocks. Well, I have been trying hard to figure out what people see wrong with the way I share my thoughts. I do so much to fit in but I simply cannot. Not the way that I currently am. My mother raised an individual and a child that aimed to be the greatest man who ever lived. While her child may not be the greatest ever, I, will never stop trying. I get confused really easily. However, I try really hard to keep up with people. Sometimes, the way people communicate utterly circumvents any ability I possess.
I love to laugh and I try hard not to take myself too seriously but we all know how feeling as if the people around you could care less inspires rebellion in our gut. Anyways, I use that goofiness to get through these situations that try ever fiber of my character. It helps. Though, there are times that I feel like the little positivity that I possess is simply not enough to counter all of the anger and resentment looming inside of me. There appears to be no form of catharsis that will supply me with the necessary burst to get over myself. I mean, I judge people. Not necessarily for who they are but what they do. It is easier to forgive a person frozen to inaction than a person who makes a horrendous mistake. I haven't given of myself or my virtue so freely that a woman that has had 30 different men in her can label me "hers". I would feel underwhelmed with what I could mean to her. She could literally extend my life with an organ and it still would not budge me from the perception that she just didn't treasure her future husband enough to remain somewhat virtuous. I cannot be that person. To be completely honest, I cannot even fathom ten different men. It hurts my brain to visualize. I'd rather stay single and mean nothing to no one than to give myself totally to somebody who has shared their "self" with so many. I cannot be him for you if you are as the hypothetical woman is in my head. Call me lame. Call me stunted. Call me insecure and every other name. But does that then lace within my words the freedom to label you a whore, slut, jezzebelle or anything else to tarnish your character? Is that a solid point? I don't wish to define anybody else outside of what they CAN mean to me. I don't even do that a lot. When I did do that a lot, it felt weak and weird. I wasn't comfortable doing so. There is an odd feeling of power; a slight thrill from drowning somebody in hateful terms. I hate that feeling of power. I hate that thrill. It doesn't fit me well.

9 comments:

  1. "There is an odd feeling of power; a slight thrill from drowning somebody in hateful terms. I hate that feeling of power. I hate that thrill. It doesn't fit me well."

    Can that same 'thrill' be attained via loving terms? There's power in healing words, deeds, and the like. Probably more than some people can even fathom there being.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only tell you how it works for me. When I spread love, it feels like I have wings on my back. Feels like I'm being drawn upward and beyond my simplicity; beyond my frailty.
    When I shared hate, I felt like I was on a drug high. It felt manufactured and inorganic. Always felt the low point when I came off of it.
    If I may add one more thing, even the minor slights & shades & disses were like urgent knocks at the door of my consciousness, compelling me to open my eyes to my weaknesses. Eventually I answered but it is a hard lesson to learn. It is in my control thus I will master it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "woman that has had 30 different men in her"...
    Honestly, if that was literally 30 different men then being judgmental comes with the territory for self preservation purposes. There are a lot of other characteristics going on with someone who has slept with a lot of people that could probably be observed and reflected on as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps. All in the same, I've met women that have had a lot of sexual partners. It seems the more they have, the less special they treat you. That bitterness and tint of jade is simply a sickness. It seems like that Janet Jackson song "What have you done for me lately" type of relationship. That is neither understanding nor loving. That is not respectful nor nurturing. If these are things I want and the woman can truly give me that, then the amount of men she slept with truly won't matter but dollars to dimes, it is how you say and that there is always something else looming in the shadows of her mind. People don't grow up, they grow old.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe people grow up if they want to and have a moral foundation for being better. Seems like you had some of that a while ago: "From where I started to where I am now, a man has grown out of the husk of my immaturity, ignorance and arrogance. I see the World better than the supposed lucidity allowed me to see it."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no you didn't. Whoa, wait...what? Did you just quote me, to me?

    Such a scary thought. I'm utterly impressed. Knocked my socks off. Exhilarating and awe inspiring.

    You win. Y-O-U__W-I-N

    ReplyDelete
  7. JSYK...it wasn't the fact that you quoted me to me but that you did so with understanding. I'm going to go and take a break while letting this soak in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those first three sentences about sum up my entire VSB existence (other than my e-booship with KB). I also had the same thoughts about contouring my comments to fit in, but I then said that no one gets me at 6. Everyone gets me at 10 or they don't get me at all. I can't live any other way - and quite frankly, no one's worth the effort it would take to turn down my 'personal volume'.

    That anger and resentment is you as much as the positivity is. I'm sure you know this already, but I'll still say that you may as well just embrace it all.

    Going to tell you something about the ladies, though: it's going to be quite difficult to find someone who can count with one hand (and be truthful). I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm not saying you shouldn't have that as a qualification. I am saying (I think I mentioned this in one of my entries) that it will cut the available pool down a lot. If you're cool with that - and to be honest, I have a feeling that you are - then that's what's up. I truly respect the fact that you know what you want and won't compromise. The truth you send in your romantic life will help ensure that you don't receive falsehood.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bro....you just got inducted into my real family. We distant cousins. Whenever I'm in Florida, I'll hit you up. I visit often.

    ReplyDelete