Thursday, July 14, 2011

Black Powder

My younger, most well mannered cousin offered me this stuff called Black Powder. I think that was another name for dynamite but I'm not sure and too lazy to highlight and scroll down to search google for Black powder. Considering I just typed that all out, you may be skeptical to believe me. Nope, LAZY.
Anyways, I held onto it for months and did zero research. I went through force factor, which inspired a weird, imprecise feeling. I thought I was stronger, it worked. Often it spurred my apetite and for that I was grateful. I have been off force factor for a few months now and decided to try this Black Powder. I mixed it and consumed it on an empty stomach like the directions instructed. I became very hesitant though because it wanted an empty stomach...this is the very first and only supplement to ask such of me. I comply and I'm lifting weights within thirty minutes like I was supposed to.
Nothing is notably different and all I keep thinking about is all the caffeine it said it had in it. How much did it say? I honestly never knew, I just knew it had some in it. Anticipation effects...not yet.
So, I get to the last part of my work out, today was a leg day, I was on squats. I usually get too lazy to do free weight squats lately because my knees have been unbearably pained by them, well that and the motion is extremely uncomfortable. I proceed to do the squats. I struggle with 140 lbs. I get curious but I add weight. The asian next to me started with less than 100 lbs but he was smaller than me. I tried to ignore him as I have a tendency to ensure that I do more everything than the person next to me. Grrrr. I bump up to 185 lbs. I do that set and still my body isn't responding like I'd want it to. Meh. I bump up to 225 lbs. Finally beginning to find some rhythm with my form. A but happier behind that. I notice that I'm quite out of breath though. I take my time, its no rush. I do another set at that 225 weight. The fluidity of my motions are still improving by leaps and bounds. I have almost not a single qualm with my movements. I take another break and rest a moment to appraise my fatigue level. I feel fine for the most part and I typically would be done here but the Asian guy next to me is now doing a weight similar to my own. I decide, "hell, my rhythm is great now, I'll do another set and bounce."
So, this is my best set. I even do this set faster and with less overall effort. As I go to replace the weight, my spidey sense rings like a four alarm fire bell. I take a step and the weight of the World is dumped on my plate like some over eaters challenge. I take a seat. The seat I've now taken does not help any. I look for a place that I can stretch out but mentally because my eyes are fading in and out of focus. I think of the stretching mats. I plan on making a journey there. I don't remember that journey but I remember laying down because what happened next was all non plussing.
I'm there for a minute and my body begins to sweat like a fully open faucet. Problem is, I really don't sweat that much, even in the heat. I'm just not that sweaty. Anyways, I'm beyond drenched, nauseated and slightly disoriented. I think to myself..."damn that caffeine" it was merely a scapegoat.
As I lay there laughing at myself and swearing off of that Black powder as if it were alcohol and I over did it, I begin to think about how my body feels and I notice my heart aching. Fear strikes a note in my head. I resolve myself that everything is already done, the effect is already half lifed. I may be lying but I don't know or care because I need the delusion to provide me faith and confidence.
I feel like crap but I refuse to be a slob because of it. I get up and retrieve the supplies to clean where my sweat lay there soaking into the mat. After wiping the mat I find myself lightly disgusted at the people who were there before me. What I wiped up was pure black ratchedness. WTF? I lay there dying in that yuck factory. I wore myself out trying to be a decent person when I would have been better off leaving it the gross ass way it was.
I lay there against a bouncy ball catching my breath until I mustered enough strength to stumble out of the gym. Chest out back straight but the head was looking two feet ahead of me. I could not afford to stumble.
Suddenly, I begin feeling jacked while still nauseated. I decided to drive. My mother calls. She didn't notice that I sounded like shit. I kind of hoped she would. I was in a sinking ship. I decided I was a man, I went to walmart. My father deserved to get his birthday card on time even if I didn't get his present off on time. I did this mayne. Eli. Stumbled through wally world...confused and directionless. Ran to the post office, looking strung out and minimally coherent. I made my way home. Grrrr.
As I finally lay down I grab the container of black powder and use my phone on the barcode. I pull up several websites that say the health risk is heart and muscle failure. I laugh. I guess that was too close for comfort and I was just happy that my reckless nature didn't do me in. Alls well that ends well, right?
Now, I need to find some sex and magic. Van Hunt.

7 comments:

  1. You're heart's still broken

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your heart's still broken

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you ended up alright. That's a crazy situation though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. .Thanks Brotha Brown, I appreciate all of that.

    To the duplicate comment leaving person: that is a very peculiar observation to make. Maybe you offer it in jest. But let's pretend that I didn't write a poem about having an eternally broken heart already. How is my heart supposed to be unbroken when I open my eyes to perceive pain, despair and agony in the lives of those who are like me(I mean humans, not Blacks)?
    I know, a serious response to what must be a light hearted offering. Don't hate me for it though

    ReplyDelete
  5. *smacks the back of your head*

    That was for blindly following the instructions despite your better judgement.

    *smacks the back of your hand*

    That was for ignoring your body when it was clearly giving you signs that you were royally fucking up.

    All that being done/said I'm glad you're actually ok lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah, Thank you for caring.
    I got this whole container...it made me stronger...I think I'm going to use it..hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lord have mercy lol

    ReplyDelete