Monday, July 18, 2011

Every Bit

That delicious pint of ice cream sitting in your freezer, inaudibly calling your name. How did it know to be your favorite kind? Made by your favorite maker. It is cheating in the war of self-control. It secretly is aware that it is your kryptonite. It is always issuing a challenge to you. As long as you don’t taste it, you can win that challenge but the very moment that sweet harmony of “mmm” touches your taste buds, you instantly cave to your desires.

You think to yourself,”I can stop at about half the container.” but it comes sooner than you anticipated, much to your chagrin. “Darn.” Then you think, “Well, I did say ‘about’ half way”. You know, deep inside, that ‘about’ was a code word for indulgence. You know, that this means the container will be empty before you relinquish control.

This is how I feel about you & your love. This is how I feel about having to leave you immediately following a kiss or a hug. It feels like something is tearing the soul from my body. It feels like I’m dying. If I don’t judge you for the things you cannot let go, then why must you judge me for the person that I cannot, nay, will not let go of easily?

Whatever you see my desire as, be it lust or addiction, you are required to see that merely, deeply inside of me, is the urge for it to be requited; the urging of reciprocity. Can you give me what I desire?

No comments:

Post a Comment