Monday, November 19, 2012

Three Hairs Breadth

Doing fine. Eating somewhat regularly. Drinking water with greater consistency. Being honest with myself about my talents, abilities and potential. Planning for my divergence from a safe place in this cold world. At the same damn time, I must heal from my recent journey. It knocked the wind out of me.

I have a few home girls that reached out to me. One of them was purely annoying and she kept painting me like some common folk ignorant Black. I may not be of super elite genius ilk but I am far from a common person in regards to any dimension. I did not like communicating with her; she was unnecessarily cumbersome. The second home girl is hit or miss. She was much more fun to interact with but she has a tendency to be "above" being human. She reaches for this "I'm better than this disagreement" kind of personality and it seems fake for no reason. She keeps it real most of the time, well, until that comes out. And, when we chop it up, it is typically good times and fun. However, never knowing which version of her I'll encounter is a big turn off.

The third home girl, well, she's different; she's special. There is no reason for her to be special. She does not have some mystical knowledge of the world. She most likely isn't a top 3% genius. And of all the things I know about her, all I know is how I feel when I communicate with her: nowhere near as horrible. Actually, to put everything into positive terms, I feel like everything is going to be alright. 

The first two came in the nick of time, perfect timing to stop me from reaching the bottom of loss. The third came in with the clean-up effort. I needed them all and appreciated each moment of interaction, even as I was annoyed.

One day, I'll find somebody that truly cares about me and my friends won't have a job to do anymore. Until that day, I'll appreciate their friendships as much as I can. Love is love is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment