Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I'm Glad Mitt Romney Cried

What touched me more, about this Presidential election cycle than anything else, was how Mitt Romney made a business career on Leveraged buy-outs of much smaller companies and then selling them for a profit. Especially, given that these were American owned companies that he ruthlessly gutted and exploited. I cannot see that as patriotism. I cannot see that as anything other than corporate greed. His entire business career cannot be separated from his willingness to perform such a atrocious practice is borderline mendacious simply because the legality has very little to do with the morality.
I could not respect his morals. I could not respect the fact that he let the families of those removed from the workforce by his relentless practices cry, bleed and die while he sat by unaffected in any which way.

Given that, I am ecstatic to see this man had something he cared so strongly for; felt so close to achieving; tried so incredibly hard to maintain...I am overjoyed to see this man cry, he who brought about so much deeply heart felt and hard emotions to others. He was the impetus of destruction to so many who were helpless to his father's ability to provide resources to his son. A son who disrespects the very same system that was the reason for his father's success. Without it, things may have ended up verily different.

Anyhow, I do not want to drone any longer. This way, I am purely proud of Americans for making this candidate cry. He deserved every ounce of agony squeezed into those tears.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more about your view of Mittens. When you sit back and think about it, one wonders if his tens of millions of supporters were voting for him, or against the president. Why else would so many Americans line up in their millions to vote for someone like Mittens?

    ReplyDelete