Saturday, January 26, 2013

I care what you think of me

Sitting here, thinking about what we call love. Think about the next level of comprehension. Understand that love breaks down into many other aspects that we wouldn't typically, call love. For instance, there is consideration, appreciation, nurturing, protection, encouragement...etc. And that continues to branch out into all these other verbs/nouns. Some people try to cut corners and just claim that their understanding of love is, God is love. That is the cheap, discount store explanation. That's equivalent  to saying "everything is everything". It is, of course, but it also ain't.

There comes a point when things need to be separated and specified as a something particular.

How much love would you give to a person you don't know much about or feel that you cannot trust? It's hard to trust that which you do not know. It is hard to love that which you do not trust. It is hard to nurture someone you could fear. This is why it is important that my character speaks for itself; why it is important that you think of me in positive regards................I've been typing this for two hours. In those two hours I've written well over 3,000 words and erased them and written more.  I do not have anything to type up...but the internal dialog considering the act of typing is better than the silence or the music or the thinking about a certain someone with a certain set of eyes. Pirates of the Caribbean, Captain Jack Sparrow's ship.

Text offers a certain flexibility that I appreciate. It is convenient.

Wake up. Eat. Work out. Read. Get that paper. Make them moves. Plant seeds for the future. Pay my dues. Love on my family. Spread out to my friends.

Just now, as the music started just now, I felt a certain kind of clean that I haven't felt in a very long time. I realize that I no longer need to carry that load I was carrying. Those memories can all fall away.

(Author's note: Originally penned 11/23/2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment