Sunday, August 21, 2011

What the Seeds did for Jack

Give the credit where the credit is due. The ability to perceive the World outside without bias or confusion is a necessary function for adaptability. The caretakers of your youth require appreciation for your foundation of life.

Beyond that, the people that, we idea "pollinate" with, can lead to miraculous adventures in thought. We'll take this and lazily flip it into a metaphor for how seeds of thought being planted in our mental cycles creates a bigger and badder version of our psyches. Or maybe I'll simply suggest that ignorance & arrogance are siblings.

We all should know by now that ignorance spreads like wild fire(if you came and are reading what I type, the amazing amount of detail and thoughts I leave out will frustrate you IF you don't already know or accept somethings as fait accompli). Like people who attempt to neuter the government with legislature = bad idea. If that is an idea you struggle with, then anything I type will be difficult for you to follow and or digest. Why? Because there are some things that are self evident. Sure, some of what I say will be more inaccurate than other things that are often said. The accuracy however is not dependent on emotion or limited cognitive abilities as much as it is limited on purpose for the goal in which I deem valid. My life, my thoughts, right?

Back to ignorance being spread like the flu or some other contagiously designed pathogen. We speak with confidence things that we may only partly believe in. But in this World were fact changes every day, the lazy people do not desire to learn with a passion for adaptation or growth. The purpose is not to lean on intelligence like brick and mortar but to see it more like a gas that fluctuates and leaks from the container as it propels the container further along the lines of life. Interesting angle, right?

With the right tweak in which to see self and actions of self, talking with others can make for an interesting moment in self reflection. Not in the sense that one is constantly measuring self against others but using others to reach inside self and draw that which resides within to the outer most realms of psyche. And by that we share more than just words and thoughts, physical movements and mannerisms with each other. These things are seeds for the future. And though my impertinent impatience drives me to write tepidly, I still put my entire heart into my shaky effort. Could I write better? Absolutely, but this is the best effort I was willing to give. Yes, I am saying this is my best because this is where I limited myself. My love is helping me to grow beyond it. Do you follow what I am saying? Ask and ye shall receive.

4 comments:

  1. Given my interest in politics as a career, I'm pretty much obligated to disagree with...well, actually, I agree. Government is never going to be neutered by legislation: even if an act 'reverses' another act, it doesn't eliminate said act or its effects.

    With intelligence being so subjective, it amazes me how someone who calls themselves smart could ever see it as brick and mortar.

    If you put your heart into it, your effort isn't shaky. Honestly, I don't see anything that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet, is not that how the majority of people know to apply logic of intelligence? "I took this class", "I got certified in this", "I've been through this experience."

    Instead of pushing forward, they lean backward as if standing against a wall of brick & mortar.

    It is like having been trained in proper etiquette or just doing what you think is right. Sure, people will appreciate your gestures and all But if you show a comprehensive understanding of why you do the things you do, people will go above and beyond to show their appreciation. And this, I believe, is one of the major barriers inhibiting the color lines from blurring. I can understand why Whites would get mad...especially if they are of high society.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is bureaucracy in action: a government mechanism designed to control access certain aspects of life and business. In many cases, classes and licenses and certifications are simply tools for the government to act as gatekeepers. While this idea sounds conservative in (political) nature, the real truth lies in which professions you see particular bodies trying to regulate.

    Re: the last paragraph, I think one of the major barriers is trust-related - which the comprehensive understanding eliminates (or at least reduces). Many of us have trust issues when it comes to people of other races, and a comprehensive understanding of those issues helps people relate to and trust one another. The idea of cultural sensitivity provides excellent examples of this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too, dislike the manner in which qualifications are weighed. There are far more important factors. Sigh, I digress.

    ReplyDelete