Monday, August 22, 2011

One Button Keyboards

You ever wondered what life would be like if you could just think everything out mentally without needing to physically operate tools to scribe your thoughts to a medium? Like simply turning on your computer, waiting for it to load & pushing one button to publish your truest thoughts to whatever your purpose was. Wouldn't that make life a bit too easy? Don't y'all think there is a part of our humanity that requires our overcoming of daily obstacles? Wouldn't that life be boring to live?

Once upon a time, the simple life appeared to be the easiest one to live. That ideal no longer seems applicable to the World. Who can simply sit around and play all of the time?

There is more than one way to skin a cat, choose one. And when you choose that way, do not waver. Hold firm to your trajectory. Do not allow the winds of change to budge your vision. If you must adjust, be sure you are the one to implement the adjustments.

There is nothing an excuse can do for you but to illustrate a weakness. Find that weakness and the determination to overcome it in the same breath. Live strong by recognizing your weakness and not by ignoring them.

Sure, I'm stumping from a blog post on my nearly esoteric blog. From this angle, I'm sharing the difficulties I am overcoming as they flow in and out of life.

5 comments:

  1. I do think the simple life is still the easiest one to live...although the easiest life to live may be someone else's because we don't have to live it.

    When I was in political science, I walked by these folks who seemingly hung out in the park all day. I used to wonder sometimes why I was in this PhD program and dealing with all its issues while they seemed perfectly happy. I do believe in "mo money, mo problems", but the problem part is completely under our control. Our lives are as simple (or difficult) as we allow them to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple could be complicated to another.
    To me, my life is simple. That simple is far too complicated for many of the people I come across.
    Simple seems subjective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple is absolutely subjective. Most of us can only see life through our own eyes. As such, the descriptive terms we use regarding life are subjective. There is a such thing as a general consensus when it comes to certain concepts, but as you said previously; such a consensus would be defined by the limitations of the general populace (whether they be intellectual, experiential, emotional, social, or whatever else in nature).

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm. General populaces tend to disagree with every part of me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Part of their being general, both in number and in limitation.

    ReplyDelete