Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I crashed a jet...ski

I go to the gym often. Sometimes while I am at the gym, I will strike up a conversation.

This guy I happen to strike up a conversation with took a liking to my personality and decided that I'd be cool to hang with. We went to a bar once, talked about life and played pool. Simple enough.

A week later, I'm going down hill in my personal sense of efficacy and worth. I'm losing my grip on reality. And he calls me up and offers a hang out spot with some homies. All goes well except we were bored. So we went to a dance joint and he got danced on by some Samoan girl and I just sat in the corner doing what I do. Chillin'.

Anyways the next day we decided to go boating and what not. Seemed like a fair enough deal. I couldn't figure out why a player like him, with all of his monies and womens would want to hang out with a semi-educated square like myself. Perhaps, it was my laid back demeanor. All the same we pick another friend who has the jet skis.
Three jet skis and a boat. Ballin.
We out there for hours, having fun. Until they broke two of the jet skis. The one I was riding was still working, I decided to jump back on. Little did I know that the voice in the back of my head telling me to chill out was going to be right this time.

We are driving parallel for a few minutes and suddenly I decided to slow down a little. This was the undoing that I was not prepared for. Also, it may have been a saving grace. Because I look over see the boat, I look back in front of myself, then as I go to look back at the boat my vision gets stuck on the boat invading my path. I quickly turn the jet-ski side ways and throttle as hard as I can. Still I am too late and slide right into the side of the boat. I'm thrown under water. Despite the life jacket, I swim down because I literally fear the propeller. I look up and wait to surface. Then I attempt to swim back to the jet ski. My pride is damaged. Yeah, I know, the boat got in my way. Yeah I know, I had little chance of actually evading the accident. It all happened in what seemed like seconds. And it was probably all done within the span of 15 seconds. I look over, I look back, I go to look over again and react.
I almost feel like it was a set up. I almost feel like I was trapped into that set of consequences. But so be it.

I don't really plan on hanging with dude much more after this. And maybe I am being scammed but the cost was low and I had a lot of fun. I'm really just grateful I got out unharmed and all. I'm only paying for half of the damages.

But we'll see. The way the rest of this plays out will determine how I look at this situation.

I'm still thanking God on this one though.

1 comment:

  1. Everything happens for a reason. I'm sure you'll find out what that is for this one.

    ReplyDelete