Friday, March 11, 2011

Never know what you had

I first acknowledged this saying when I was in my teenage years. That was a very unfortunate coincidence for me as it definitely shaped my formative years; leaving me grasping for everything and anything I felt connected to. The trend continues in the present day and is far more tragic now.

There are however, multiple veins of thought that lead down the avenue of despair and abandonment. Quotes from famous dead guys that, when taken out of context and applied to a social setting seem misfit for the course. A dereliction of will as it would seem.

From academic goals to employment or even the pursuit of companionship, I have verily failed in every attempt. Lost little in the way of hope and gained much in the way of pain. Emotionally stunted by the precedings and contaminated by the hateful cycles, all I ever wanted was love.  Some how, love seems to evade my every grasp as I relentlessly bang my heart against the cascading shards of time despite the lack I experience being comparative to the air I breathe.

This is the drawback of wisdom in knowing. This is the foolish nature of one who questions his creators will. This is the work of insecurity and fear.
You will never know that I truly meant you love. You will never know that I truly meant you well. Maybe it is for the best that the sights unseen by eyes but mine, never come true. Belief of course is the fuel to my fire.
It is a sign of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment