Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines & Standards

Who exactly likes these "hallmark holidays"? All of the social pressures to have "someone special" to spend money and time on, when these days roll around. A person that is completely okay with you jumping on the social network of your choice and exclaiming proudly, the pure awesomeness of your bliss, if only for one day. Of course, there are those of us who have standards.

I'd like to take this opportunity to share my standard(updated) of engagement. Don't mind me, I'll pretend like I got inspired and started talking to the mirror about what kind of woman I most desire.

Hello there. How are you feelin' about yourself today? Okay? Cool. Well, I just wanted to let you know that we have had to revise and update the list of qualities that we expect a woman to have before we confess an interest in her for future purposes. I know, this sounds weird and it feels weird. But there is a purpose, so chill yaself and just get through this.

Money, is not important beyond the necessities. However, she should feel very similar to me in this regard or I will have a hard time tolerating her perspective because it will forever be compromised by a fundamental weakness in the global feminine opinion. She will need her intelligence at a level that allows her security & comfort-ability with what she knows & does not know. Religion does not bother me any but I will not be subject to her beliefs nor will I be disrespected on some outdated perspective because she cannot cope with the actions she's taken of her very own volition. She should be able to cook at least as well as I can cook, non negotiable. Height and weight are not set in stone but having some form of constant physical activity. I don't want to date someone under 4'9" as it makes me feel like a pedophile. I don't want to date anyone around 5'10" or taller - 5'9" is pushing it. Skin color does not matter and she does not need to be well versed in Black history BUT she cannot have reckless perspectives of or pertaining to Blacks. I don't give a fuck about the statistics(There are tv programs propagating the misinformation of White efforts to build this country of the U.S.. Sure, they had ideas but they didn't do the work. Flip it around now, and the Whites still have the ideas but it's criminal and the Blacks do the grunt work -again- but this time the Blacks ARE given credit. It is such a fickle, hypocritical and bigoted system that Blacks can't get credit/paid for the good works while being demonized and blamed for all the bad work. Nobody gets to have it both ways and if she cannot understand that...then we cannot be compatible).
Kids don't bother me. However, if she isn't giving them adequate parenting and desires that I handle my relationship with them, then she loses 90% of the say in how I respond to that child. You don't get to have an untrained life and get upset when someone disciplines that life. That is unreasonable and would eliminate her from viability.
She should want to be better tomorrow than she was today. She shouldn't mind honest criticism as much as she should mind the blind denial of what caused the criticism in the first place. And these are only parts...portions of who I am and the qualities I bring. There is still a tremendous amount of room for flaws and quirks but a certain maturity and patience is required or we cannot even hold a conversation too long. And I'm alright with that. I'd rather be alone & lonely than be with a woman-child. Anyway, guy in the mirror, I'm tired of typing about this topic for now....maybe I'll refine and redefine this odd little list later.

No comments:

Post a Comment