Friday, June 29, 2012

Enjoyment


Innumerably enjoyable people. Endless laughter; infinite affection.
First meeting and yet they feel like old acquaintances. Engaging & captivating; these people fit perfectly into the flow of time. Placid in the midst of chaos. Focused in the expanse of despair.
Sometimes, I only like certain minor aspects of the person while other times I will like most of what I encounter during interacting with them. Most nobody can tell the difference in my expressions of excitement and acceptance.
There are those rare people who awaken within me, a veritable Sun(of passion). My problem with this type of person is that I often get caught staring at the Sun too long.
Awesome people. Hard to describe. There are those who accomplish tons but that don't make 'em awesome. There are those who just make friends easily but that don't make them awesome. What makes a person awesome is all based on what the individual judging appreciates. I appreciate people that use honesty, character and intellect to move forward in life. They practice their skill and they do their bests.
I enjoy those people.
There are some that have become derelict and become liars(indirectly or directly); who have compromised their honor in a charade for necessity; out of a weakness or lack. I typically feel betrayed by these people. When I come to (from staring at the Sun too long), I find that the Sun has moved on without me. And it burns. There are few of my ilk. It is a very saddening thing to lose one. All the same, the enjoyment is key.
What do you enjoy? About people? What do you dislike about people you can no longer you can enjoy?

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy most of the same things in other people that I enjoy about myself (although I like variety). I mostly enjoy truth, honesty, moral character...things like that. Of course, the things I don't like are the opposites of those. I think for me, it's just that simple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @J.A.H.---how do you account, then, for the balance of life; the balance of opposites? we all have to potential, according to Khalil Gibran's _The Prophet_, "on Crime and Punishment," to be the worst that we witness in others, as well as the best. Hope this finds you well.

    ReplyDelete