Tuesday, February 7, 2012

New Music - Ain't Feelin' it

Don't be led on by this title, this ain't as much about music as it is about the people who have helped produce this current environment.
Yes, another pretentious, self ascendant perspective of another's character analysis. Why am I always breaking down schematypes of generalities when it only serves the purpose to make me seem "better"?
The answer is simple: it is indirect and the best way I know to say that when people make whack decisions and try to glorify it, I see them as needlessly compromising their humanity for the sake of ego.
Sure, I'm human and I don't know barely anything. Ask me a question. More than likely, I'll pause to think about it. Next, my response won't be deep or well produced. What I do excel at is digesting actions and classifying the threat within. Even at that I'm only moderately gifted.
But I'm not much different than anybody else. We don't have these extremely gifted folk at every turn. Very few of us actually have any real talent. When we break that down, we don't have the backgrounds that are conducive to making us really want to observe a skilled artist. We want the person who we can mimic the most. We want the most quotable lyrics. We want the highest value for the minimal cost. Guess what, we get highly manufactured carp at that point. This is why Fast food chains have seen unprecedented success despite the innumerable lawsuits and anti-fast food advertisements. It's like we don't care because we haven't learned how to. We don't practice it. You know what we do practice? Yeah, we are taught that we aren't supposed to care about so many different things and we practice it so that we can go to sleep at night and smile in the morning.

This is the attitude that I feel contributes to the music industry's departure from seeking out purely talented folk in exchange for the money making and commercially reproducible type.

No comments:

Post a Comment