Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Titles Matter

When I looked at my job as a salesman, I hated the idea of being a shitty, unctuous, over pushy & far too highly motivated moron with a goal. In a highly saturated market of mental deficiency, I stand out as a detailed oriented, research capable, quick spit of information. I am the quality. But of course I'd think and say that. A salesman's job is never done. I need to sell myself to you or you'll dismiss my story and the reason I'm typing it up. Salesmen suck. Point blank period. They don't care about your life, what you're going through, what you want or anything but making that bottom dollar. Cause they have lives too. But there is another side to my sales position. The other side is maintaining a positive working rapport with the companies you sign.
I am also an account manager. I'm in banking. Not the "we store your cash at a static location and insure it digitally with the idea of security" type of banking BUT the elbows, wrist, shoulders, ankles hips and knees of that system. We are the, "get your money from point A to point B without worrying about being robbed or plotted on" type of banking. The only real money we see, is our own. And that's if we're savvy enough to make it.
All the same, changing the way I looked at the job, drastically altered my results. I'm happier to go to work, more excited about the little successes and far more enthusiastic about sharing what I do with women I'm interested in.
That it is only commission doesn't even slightly bother me...considering how deeply I believe in myself, a support system didn't help me get started. I borrow my little brother's car. That's about it.
My truck would eat up twice the gas on half the mileage. It wasn't a wise decision to purchase that truck. My fault.
So, from here on out, when I want to talk intimately with a woman, I'll tell her just why I think titles matter so much. Define that relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment