Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Neon Fazers 3.28x10

Buy me an empty box and wrap it up. Label that box with a note. Author the note to read of "hopes & the future".

Tell me how I will never be able to see your love. Remind me that only residual traces of it will ever be visible to me. Like the act of giving me anything. Detailing the time the process required to, not merely conceive but, initiate and produce the final presentable product.

Show me the time you are willing to spend with me by pointing to a clock as I unwrap this gift secretly preparing myself for what lay inside. Be sure to smile with anticipation and appreciation for my excitement of receiving a gift from you. Which clearly means something of sentiment to me.

And, as I peer into the empty box; searching for a meaning, jump for me with a hug. Cling to me with all the love you feel and the passion of how I make you feel. This, of which, is more important than the most precious of stones or the most expensive of toys. I am no mere man-child any longer. Superficial possessions bore me to no end. However, sharing with me how happy I make you feel is the best gift I could receive from anybody else...especially the ones I care about most. I am not hard to please.

Well, that is not altogether true. I need something physical to hold the memories in "manifestationed" form. My memory can be fairly dull at times and nothing serves like a good reminder than a good reminder. It can be anything really as I'm very sentimental. A piece of paper addressed to me and containing a phrase you commonly share with me is more than enough.

Either way, my birthday is rolling around soon. I'm currently in one of the best moods I've ever been in(I feel like I won the lottery) and I'm still dealing with the difficulty levels in life. The one thing I prefer more than anything else is to know that people give a damn without needing to be reminded. If they do need to be reminded that a special date is coming, then it is more like their standards and social imprint is speaking for them. Unfortunately, that just isn't the same for me.

I'd live contented on the family front if I never got another purchased gift from anybody that cares about me. That stuff is merely a confused statement of perceived obligation. I dislike allowing my loved one's to feeling forced to produce for me anything beyond emotions. Yes, I'm both cheap and extremely taxing.

To all the facebook "happy birthday" people, miss me with that. It has become customary to say happy birthday to people you don't know or don't communicate with often. But if you would have called me, I will know just because of who you are. For the people that do know, love & miss me, please remember that it only takes enough thought to show consideration and nothing more. I don't expect nor want more than that type of sacrifice from you. Just your love. Back in the '80's LL Cool J said it best "I Need Love".

Thanks to everyone who reads. Later. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment