Saturday, January 29, 2011

Making Connections

In Psychology, there exist a conceptual ideology that people seek & obtain jobs that allow them to live out their secret obsessions.  *I know that it does not apply to everyone.*  
This ideology explains how I have come to study Psychology. My biggest obsession is my curiosity for how others see the World. Psychology is the Art & the Science that allows me to figure that out and express my thoughts on the topic.

I love people. Understanding people and their motivations can be an unbelievably tumultuous task. Ranging from improperly developed conceptualizations to ignorance to arrogance; people find and use the silliest rationalizations to justify the things that they do.

Who doesn't want to feel special? Who doesn't want to be taken seriously? 

Often in the pursuit of respect or love, vengeance becomes creative, consciences are awakened and modest fabrications are born. What am I saying? Acceptance is what drives our social interactions.

We repeat mantras to remind ourselves that we will overcome whatever we've been succumbing to. That this next time will not be like the last time. And this fear of the reproduction of a soured occurrence is a limitation on our potential future.

Learn from the past. I did. From the very beginning, I never needed to study Psychology because I was studying people before I stepped foot in a classroom. I knew what was true and what was not. However, my belief in the greatness of others led my adherence to their words. *I believe in you, even when you no longer do.*

Psychology cemented that belief. Psychology taught me a great deal about the World and how it works while looking through the eyes of another. Now that I'm finally making connections with my views of the people I've seen, there is more respect for the wilted and unloved child than there is for an adult over-intoxicated on their own inadequacies. Oddly enough, I will not write that part of this story. I led you to water.

Thank you for the love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment