Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pleasantly Vile

Throughout the day, as the shade shifts & time travels the narrow passage; water, earth & air are consumed in the flames and reborn in the same manner. The relentless expansion of now. We hope to capture and subjugate that ever fleeting moment in a bottle and reproduce it at will. I do not know if there were ever a human being that could indeed swear on a stack of Bibles that there wasn't at least a single moment in all of their coalesced seconds that they would desire to cling to for just a moment longer.
And that is the beauty of it all. The inability to look backwards as did Orpheus in loosing himself of all he cherished. We are Orpheus. Despite knowing better and being restrained to our benefit against turning our heads to reverse, we are undaunted in our pursuits to break the hold that limits our ability to turn our collective heads to the past and relive those expired moments. Yes, I'm talking about time travel. No, I'm not crazy. Yes, I believe we should live in one direction. No, I'm not fascist in my belief; creed how you need. All I am saying is that, for your best individual benefit, have faith and go forth. Leap strongly into the winds and know that you will be carried. Whether you are carried by your inner passions or a greater being, it matters not. All that matters is that you leave it all in your chest and decide on the determination to make the best of what ever situation you have.

1 comment:

  1. This was good...I'm especially impressed by the "creed how you need" line. Excellent verbiage.

    ReplyDelete